SOUNDSCAPE WORKSHOP IN MACÉDONIAN
Je viens tout juste de recevoir cette info, hélas tardivement, mais je la transmets quand même. Moi, rien que l’image du site me fait rêver ! Pas vous ?
Open call for sound artists: Soundacape and field recordings workshop in Macedonian mountains with the guest artist Frank Bretschneider.
Creative weekend and post global recordings presents
Nature meets technology pt. 4
Soundscape and field recordings workshop in natural environment
Lazaropole; 27-28 Jun 2015
Curator and organizer: Toni Dimitrov
Project coordinator: Jovan Lambeski
Currently, the Macedonian sound ART and audio culture scene is in the process of creating. Insuch circumstances, the need for basic education in the field of contemporary tendencies in soundart and audio culture is more than needed. Networking between young and rising artists and artistswho have been on the scene longer and their mutual cooperation is a necessity. This workshop will try to bring together local and international artists who are interested in these areas, who will worktogether on a practical audio project at which will be created a base for their further cooperation onthe local and international scene. This is a step towards creating a sort of audio community that will have all the parameters of a healthy scene that will communicate with each other and cooperate in theFUTURE.
Nature meets technology is the subtitle of a workshop for ambient music, soundscape and field recordings, where artists who appreciate nature and sound, and have a similar approach to musicand life, will have the opportunity to gather at a wonderful place, work together, create, present their work, collaborate and enjoy nature.
About the workshop
Nature meets technology is interactive workshop aimed for young local and international artist from various fields, but mainly those interested in sound, field recordings, sound design and production,radio art, soundart etc. and all those who have an interest to learn about the basics of sound ART. The workshop will consist of workshops, short lectures, presentations, discussions, field recordingand practical work in nature, as well as individual and group performances and improvisationalsessions in open space, where over the course of this workshop will have the opportunity to firsttheoretically become familiar with the matter and way of work, and then practically acquainted with the concept of field recording with PORTABLE audio recorders, editing, processing, sequencing,until the creation, production and performance specific sound form. The concept of the workshop is completely opened and after giving a basic introduction, thePARTICIPANTS will work on development of the concept through a joint brainstorming. They will be discussing and choosing the topic and location to create theAUDIO RECORDINGS. The second part of the program is practical and consists of practical tasks such as working with software, hardware for recording, goingon the field, preparation and editing of the recordings. The final phase consists of creating concretesound forms using the previously made recordings through joint improvisation session.
The workshop will be held by the curator Toni Dimitrov and with our guest lecturer Frank Bretschneider. The program part will be consisted of several presentations and performances. The program is still not fully defined and it is opened for proposals. The results of the workshop will be also presented in Skopje with possibility to do that in other cities. This is the fourth in the series of soundscape workshops as a part of Creative weekend project in Lazaropole.
The open call for participation at the residency/workshop is aimed for sound artists, sound designers, field recordists, phonographers, sound performers, groups or individuals dealing with sound in any direction, enthusiasts or practitioners, experienced or beginners. We are also encouraging artists that are working with other related art fields and disciplines and are not directly practicing sound, that are willing to learn or maybe combine their practice with sound.
Entries could include live performances, presentations, sound for soundwalk, smallINSTALLATIONS. To maximize the number of performances/presentations during the festival, we suggest that the presentations and performances should last no longer than 20-30 minutes. For spatial installations we have limited space available inside the house, but outside in the yard there is plenty of space to realize location-based projects. There will also be organized a soundwalk where the visitors walk through the forest to the nearest peak while listening to the submissions with mp3-player or smartphone and headphones.
The residency will take place in the mountain village Lazaropole, Western Macedonia. Mountainvillage is at 1350 meters above sea level and one of the highest settlements in the country. Amazingand beautiful place which is located on the plateau of Mount Bistra, surrounded by beech and oakforests.
The workshop will be held over two days from 27th – 28th June 2015 (with possibility for an extra day)
Because we are isolated from the hustle and noise of the city and the chaos of urban life. Because we want soundscapes and field recordings. Because we want to make music and perform together. Because in Lazaropole we are immersed in an endless source of inspiration and in inexhaustiblesource of sounds. Because we are surrounded by wonderful sites and peaks very close to the villageand there are plenty of outdoor areas where we can work. Because we love nature!
What we offer?
- We provide a place to stay during the days of the residency in an inspiring one century old mountain house with all basic conditions for work and residence (kitchen, shower and toilet).
- We cover the expenses of travel from Skopje to Lazaropole and back to Skopje. Ifnecessary (if you have an extra day in Skopje) we can try to provide a place to stay while you’re there or arrange cheap hostel. The trip from your country of residence to Macedonia is not provided. We will try help in finding the cheapest solution for this part of the trip. Also we are not able to provide a fee for the participation.
- Space for realization of the workshop.
- Three meals a day; vegetarian food; group cooking on a wooden stove.
- Basic sound/video equipment (sound system, mixer, portable recorder, video projector).
What do you have to bring?
- Taking along warm winter clothing (such as sweaters and jackets) is necessary! Althoughit is summer and during the day the temperature can be over 30° C, at night the temperature can drop to 4° C or even lower. Although there will be some sleeping bagsprovided, carrying yours is also recommended.
- Your personal sound equipment, instruments or any sound devices. Also laptops, iPads,photo cameras, recorders, microphones, controllers and everything that you can use during the workshop.
- Portablemp3 player and headphones for the sound walk.
- Enthusiasm and a will to work together in an amazing environment!
- All interested artists should send an email of intent with their basic info, way of participation, their interests, and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The space for the accommodation is limited, so participants will be chosen as they apply by the first-in, first-served rule. There is no deadline for the application.
- Fee for the participation on the residency is 30 euros. The fee should be pay in advanced so you can reserve your place. With this fee, aside from before mentioned conditions, you will also have a ticket for Frank Bretschneider concert in Skopje on Friday 26th of Jun.
- All chosen participants will be notified via email and will receive day by day schedule of activities. Full program of the event will be published as soon as it is ready.
- There will be a meeting event in Skopje before the departure to Lazaropole.
* If you have further questions don’t hesitate to ask at email@example.com
* * *
Call and more info: http://soundscapeworkshop.blogspot.com/
Sounds from the previous editions: https://soundcloud.com/kreativenvikend
News and info: https://www.facebook.com/postglobalrecordings
Organized by: www.post-global.com
Soundsacape workshop is a part of the project Kreativen vikend Lazaropole
* * *
Biographies of confirmed participants:
Frank Bretschneder http://www.frankbretschneider.de/
Frank Bretschneider is a musician, composer and video artist from Berlin. His is one of the pioneers of the new elecronic sound and work is known for precise sound placement, complex, interwoven rhythm structures and its minimal, flowing approach. Bretschneider’s subtle and detailed music is echoed by his visuals: perfect translated realizations of the qualities found in music within visual phenomena. In 1986, after establishing his cassette label klangFarBe, Bretschneider founded AG Geige, a successful and influential East German underground band. In 1995, Bretschneider and fellow AG Geige member Olaf Bender founded the Rastermusic record label which eventually merged with Carsten Nicolai’s noton to form raster-noton in 1999. Most of Bretschneider’s early solo albums – about half a dozen – were under the alias Komet, the first, SAAT, appearing in 1996. Since then Bretschneider has released his work (in addition to raster noton) on various labels including 12k, Line, Mille Plateaux or Shitkatapult, and contributed to some well-known compilations likeCLICKS & CUTS on Mille Plateaux and raster-noton’s 20′ TO 2000 series. 2001’s CURVE, his second album for Mille Plateaux, was critically acclaimed and brought Bretschneider international attention.
Toni Dimitrov (Sound_00) https://soundcloud.com/sound_00 /
Toni Dimitrov – cultural producer and cultural explorer, radio host and radio activist, philosopher and communicologist, poet and mountain/rock climber… but also sound artist, dj, designer, organizer, label owner, based in Skopje, Macedonia. When at home and not traveling he is doing various projects that keeps him busy, from art and music that is obviously the main focus of his hectic lifestyle, but also other projects including radio, sound art and field recordings, curating a label and sound/art events, writing, drawing and doing design… His radio program ‘post global: conceptual program for new music’ broadcasts on music radio Kanal 103 for 15 years already and it is dedicated to contemporary electronic music, soundscape and field recordings. Sound wise at the moment he is active with the sound_00 moniker, producing ambient, drone, soundscape, field recordings based music, releasing countless albums, eps and compilation appearances on many labels such as Stasisfield, Deserted factory, Panospria, Charlotte Sometimes, post global… He curates and organizes Creative weekend residencies. Aside from this, his activities during the years are connected to other music/art/cultural projects such as Tiny Noise, Radia, Upgrade, Kanal103, Line Initiative and Movement, Produkcija, Solis, Kreative weekend, Post Global Recordings and Post Global Trio and many more…