The World Forum for Acoustic Ecology is excited to announce Listening Pasts – Listening Futures, its first hybrid virtual and in-person international conference since 2011, to be held in March 2023.
The 2023 conference coincides with the 30th anniversary of the WFAE, founded in 1993, during ‘Tuning of the World: The First International Conference on Acoustic Ecology’ at the Banff Centre for the Arts.
Featured guest speakers include Amanda Gutiérrez (Mexico/Canada), Claude Schryer (Canada) and David George Haskell (UK/USA).
Conference Hub and Co-Presenter: Atlantic Center for the Arts, New Smyrna Beach, Florida USA
- Program Partner: Atlantic Center for the Arts, New Smyrna Beach, Florida USA
- Program Partner: Stetson University, Deland, Florida USA
nteractive Workshops by Atlantic Center for the Arts (free and open to everyone)
– March 19: Soundwalk with Lady Eve at Doris Leeper Spruce Creek Preserve (Martin Dairy Rd. entrance)
– March 20: The Lucky Trikes children’s storytime at New Smyrna Beach Regional Public Library
– March 21: Soundscape workshop with Perri Howard at ACA Harris House
– March 22: Sound Art Installation & Soundwalk with Jacek Smolicki at ACA Main Campus
Thursday 23 to Sunday 26 March, 2023 – WFAE Conference Dates (Check in begins noon on Wednesday, 22 March)